Are there public or government resources that will investigate elder abuse?

To report abuse that occurs in a long-term care facility, you should call the local Long-Term Care Ombudsman. For Sacramento County, the telephone number is (916) 376-8910, or you can call the Ombudsman Crisis line at (800) 231-4024. To report abuse that occurs in the elder’s home, call the county Adult Protective Services (APS) agency. The phone number for the Sacramento APS is (916) 874-9377. For more information on reporting elder abuse (and additional phone numbers for counties other than Sacramento), the Department of Justice’s informative pamphlet “Citizen’s Guide to Elder Abuse” is accessible here.

Posted in: Elder Abuse